Welcome to Our Town’s Website
Reminiscing Monroe’s Past: “Back in the Day” Conversations
has been MOVED from March 24th to June 23rd when it will kick off the
Street Dance Celebration!
It will now also feature an Award of the Boston Post Cane for the Town of Monroe
- It saves your community money, which saves you money!
- It will help save our dwindling resources!
- Recycled Products use less energy to produce, reducing consumer’s cost!
- Our tipping fees are expected to rise again this year and we are transporting more household waste to PERC, increasing your taxes!
- (Low Grade): Newspaper, Colored Inserts, Magazines, Phone Books, and Paperback Books are all okay IF KEPT DRY. Keep separate from high grade paper. Tie in bundles or bag and tie, and they must be clean!
- (High Grade): Office Copier Paper, Computer Paper, Envelopes, Index Cards, and Manila Folders. Keep separate from low grade paper. Must be tied in bundles or bagged and tied and dry and clean.
- NO: Carbon Paper, Cereal Boxes, Fax Paper, Expanding Envelopes, Paper Napkins, Plates, Cups, Towels, Post-It Notes, or Waxed Paper.
- Corrugated Cardboard and Brown Paper Bags. Cardboard must be broken down and clean.
- NO: Cardboard which has previously been recycled (Yellow or Grey).
- Clear or colored CLEAN jars. Clear must be separate from colored. Remove metal and plastic lids.
- NO: Light Bulbs, Window Glass, Mirrors, Cookware, or Plates
- #2 only, at this time, may be squashed to conserve room. Milk Jugs, Detergent Bottles, clear or coloured. Must be clean. Remove caps and rings.
- Tin Cans
- Clean, the label may be left on.